Saturday, April 19, 2008

Play Ball!

Today was Jecilyn's first day of Tball...and being the loser mom that I am...I didn't have my camera. The battery was dead. At least I remembered it this time! UGH! At least I had my phone!

I signed her up through Kent County Parks and Recreation. We were really excited about the whole thing...but it was a bit of a disappointment. I had expected to receive a phone call or something telling us what team she was on and what time to arrive. No one called. We showed up at the ball park at 9:00 a.m. I figured perhaps they didn't choose teams until the first day. I was wrong. All the other kids had received calls from their coach. Hmmm. Oh well. Good news, she is on The Phillies. Uncle Chris will be pleased. Bad news...they have no coach. Are you kidding me? How can you have a team without a coach? Apparently, they were hoping for a parent to volunteer...but no one did. Hopefully, some one will...

Anyway, she had a lot of fun. Here is her first at bat! Sorry about the quality...and I don't know what happened to the sound!

No comments: