Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


This is a bittersweet day for me. So glad I have my babies...But not having my mom really sucks. This is a picture of my mom, Jecilyn and me. Unfortunately, I don't have one of her with Treavor. It was one of those things I'd get "next time." Who knew there wouldn't be a next time....

Here's a great poem I found. It's as if it was written for me. I don't know how my mom did it..and I wish she was here to tell me how! She made mothering look so easy!

Everything Mom

How did you find the energy, Mom
To do all the things you did,
To be teacher, nurse and counselor
To me, when I was a kid.

How did you do it all, Mom,
Be a chauffeur, cook and friend,
Yet find time to be a playmate,
I just can’t comprehend.

I see now it was love, Mom
That made you come whenever I'd call,
Your inexhaustible love, Mom
And I thank you for it all.


By Joanna Fuchs


Here's a picture of Chris, my dad, my mom, me and Jecilyn:

No comments: