Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Make New Friends...Keep the Old



Jecilyn, Treavor and I had a playdate today. We went to visit my friend Cora Lee and her son, Michael. Michael is just a few weeks younger than Jecilyn. We were joined by another friend, Bobbi. Cora, Bobbi and I graduated from Dover High School together. Here is a photo of Cora and Bobbi circa 1988.

It's amazing to me that we grew up together...and now our children are playing together. It nearly brings me to tears. Although, to be fair, I'm not sure if it's the sentiment of it all...or, just simply that the fact that our children are playing together solidifies the sad fact that we are...OLD. Anyway, the kids had a great time. And it was nice to spend some time with OLD (Hee Hee!) friends. Here's a picture of Cora and Bobbi today!



Update: Cora has informed me that the picture above that I thought was circa 1988 was actually 1995. Heck, what do I know? The following picture is POSITIVELY from 1989. June 10, 1989 to be exact! From left to right, Carissa, Cora Lee, Me, Bobbi, Shannan and Sonja.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should definately have more pictures of your brother on here, especially for Bobbi!!
love cmc

Anonymous said...

They look younger in the current photo than they do in the high school one! I think there's something about our generation, and that we grew up in the 70's and 80's - the styles and hair were such that we all look so much better and younger NOW!!