Friday, July 27, 2007

Fun Food Friday




Aren't they they cutest!?!?! I made these for Jecilyn today! I called it "Happy Feet Lunch." She loved them! While I was making them, she kept telling me she didn't want anything to eat. And, then when I showed them to her...she couldn't wait to eat them. They pictures are a little blurry because I was fighting her off...and trying to ward off little Allergy Boy too!

I wish I could take the credit for this great idea...but I can't. I found it in a magazine called Taste of Home: Kid Friendly Cooking & Crafts. There are a ton of cute recipes in this one! Check it out!

For the cute penguins, all you need is hard boiled eggs, mini carrots, black olives and toothpicks. And, I guess you need a knife too! It took about 2 minutes to assemble them!

Peel the egg. Slice a carrot lengthwise. Place flat side down. Stick 2 toothpicks lengthwise through the egg and attach to the carrots (feet). Slice olive in half lengthwise. Use them to make wings. Attach with a toothpick. For the head, simply push a carrot into the hole in the olive. Attach with a toothpick. (When I did it, I used the same toothpick for both the head and the feet!) That's it! All done!

I think it would be fun to grate cheese on top for snow! I think Jecilyn would have enjoyed making the snow. But, I didn't have any. I also thought about breaking up some white bread and making "iceburgs." Gold Fish crackers may have also been a nice touch.

This was a fun food that I'm sure to make again and again!

No comments: