Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Dreaded Dentist

I hate to go to the dentist. I would rather give birth than go to the dentist. A few months back, I had some problems with my teeth. I cracked two of them...and I thought I was going to have to get a root canal. I was VERY AFRAID. I even tried to get them to knock me out. I was informed by the endodontist that they could "knock me out" but that the dental insurance wouldn't cover that. I rationalized that my medical insurance (Tricare) should pay for the anestethsia since I had TWO children without any, I felt they owed me....Fortunately, I didnt need the root canal.

Last week, I went to the dentist. I had to be REALLY BRAVE because I took Jecilyn along with me for her first dental appointment. My hygentist, Dee, was great. But, she didn't clean Jecilyn's teeth. She didn't feel she was "ready." Hell....I'm never ready...but that never stops her! Ha ha! Anyway...here are some photos of Jecilyn's trip to the dentist!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Jecilyn set a really good example for you...er, for Trevor when he's big enough to go :) She looks like she's having a ball!

I like your reasoning on the anethesia - they seriously owe you 2 good hits of the good stuff!

Jeffrey said...

I hate dentists