Monday, June 4, 2007

...so they all rolled over and one fell off....

After an extremely busy weekend, I was just finishing up adding sound to my Race Weekend Post when I heard this extremely loud THUMP in my house. I had no idea what it was...but I immediately ran to investigate. As I reached the bottom of the stairs, both of my babies started to cry. I flew up the stairs to find Jecilyn on the floor screaming and bloody. While she was sleeping, she apparently fell out of bed and caught her chin on the step stool. Poor little thing! I knew immediately that it would require stitches. And, so we were off to the hospital. As I struggled to keep it together, I somehow managed to get the kids and their car seats in the car. I had the wherewithall to text my friend Nettie and tell her we were on the way to the hospital. My intent was that she could possibly reach Jeff for me. But, being Nettie, she went above and beyond. She said she'd meet me there. I told her that was not necessary...and I am SOOOO glad she ignored me. There's no way I could've done it with out her!

We went to Kent General Hospital. We saw a P.A. named Aaron and a nurse named Kim. They rocked! Jecilyn was a real trooper. She was scared...and she screamed a lot, but I thought she did amazingly well. She received seven stitches on her chin. I'll post a picture soon...but, for now, she's been waving her hand in front of her face and saying, "No pictures! No pictures..." My little drama queen...

Thank you Nettie, Aaron and Kim!

No comments: