Friday, June 1, 2007

Fun Food Friday


Three Rice Mice! Three Rice Mice! ...Actually, it was more like, "Free Wice Mice..." but it was still lots of fun. We sang that all morning. I wish I could take credit for this one, but it's actually something that I found online. There were a few other fun recipes on the site...but I've not tried those yet. Here is the link: Very Cute Veggies. Check it out.
For my mice, I used long grain brown rice. It's been a while since I made it, but I think that I just used cream cheese--not yogurt. I think I thought that sounded gross. For the eyes and mouths I used peas and carrots. Both were from a bag of frozen mixed vegetables. I just fished them out of the bag and popped them on the mice. The ears were black olives (which Jecilyn LOVES!). I can't remember what I used for tails. It may have been bolongna. Or, perhaps it was carrot strips. Either would work.

I think you could do a lot with this recipe. Instead of mice, you could make cars and use olives for wheels. You could link a few "balls" together and make a caterpillar. Or a spider. Carrot strips would make great legs! And, if you don't want legs...a worm or a snake. The possibilites are endless! If you try something, please let me know! Take a photo to share! Enjoy!

No comments: